Youth Ministry Lead
The Youth Ministry Lead will provide overall leadership and support of a team for development of youth into fully formed followers of Jesus, working with those from Grade 6 through high school, including developing connections with their families.
The Youth Ministry Lead will identify, plan and implement online and in-person programs in consultation with, and with the support of, the NBUC leadership and other NBUC ministry leaders as appropriate.
This is an ongoing position of 20 hours per week with a mix of remote and on-site work. Some flexibility of work schedule is required, with Sunday mornings essential.
· Provide leadership and champion the planning of the Youth Ministry in-person and online programming, in collaboration with other NBUC teams
· Plan and organize events for Youth that have goals of faith development and discipleship in the world (e.g. community outreach, retreats, mission trips, online learning etc.)
· Develop and facilitate online and in-person programs that identify, grow and encourage Christian leadership
· With the support of NBUC leadership maintain a team of volunteers to provide and support programming for youth from Grade 6 through high school, and to provide administration of participants and volunteers. Recruit and train new volunteers as required.
· Build on and further develop existing Youth ministry faith markers and transitions
· Ensure that NBUC has quality curriculum and engaging content in place, consistent with the NBUC Vision, Purpose and Core Values
· Ensure administration support is in place for the participants and volunteers including registration, check-in and out, class preparations, furniture setup, attendance recording, and online and in-person safety procedures.
· Communicate with and engage parents about nurturing their youth in the Way of Jesus
· Coordinate Grade Transitions with the Children’s Ministry Lead
· Encourage and support baptism and confirmation
· Ensure the participation of youth in special services and events in the church year
· Identify, advocate and communicate the needs of youth, working together with the ministry staff team in response
CHARACTERISTICS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Passionate and growing follower of Jesus Christ
· Has gifts of leadership and is committed to growing those gifts
· Fully committed to serving God consistent with the Vision, Purpose and Core Values of North Bramalea United Church
· Be passionate about youth growing as life-long followers of Jesus
· Creativity, patience, flexibility
· Good listener and enjoys making contact with people
· Be an equipping leader and team participant
· Demonstrated ability to build positive rapport with youth and adults
· Ability to lead, develop and deliver programs
· Knowledge and experience in youth faith programming
· Comfortable and reasonably proficient with technology associated with online ministry
· Possess a high degree of confidentiality
· Self-motivated (work independently)
ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT
· The Youth Ministry Lead is accountable to the Lead Minister and is supported by a Ministry & Personnel team member
· Work collaboratively with the production team, worship planning team and others as appropriate
· Attends staff, ministry leadership, and congregational meetings
· Willing to accept constructive feedback