NBUC Home

Service Times | Contact Us | 905-450-8003

 


Our Ministers | Church Staff | Location | Accessibility | Contact Us | Church History

History of NBUC

 

Early Methodist circuit riders brought the gospel to farmers in the area. In 1821 a log cabin on Torbram Road north of North Park Drive became the home of Harrison Methodist Church on land that is now the site of the Harrison Cemetery. In 1876 our ancestors built the brick structure that stands across the street.

Harrison United Church

  • Harrison became part of the United Church when it was formed in 1925. By 1983 the presbytery recognized a need to serve families in the expanding community. It appointed the Rev. Norman Greene to work with the congregation.

  • On Sept. 25, 1983, worship was held in Chinguacousy Secondary School, marking the amalgamation of Harrison United Church with this new group of people to form North Bramalea United Church. The congregation continued to worship in the school.

  • In 1984 land was purchased at 363 Howden Boulevard. We worked hard to raise the funds to build a place of our own.

  • In November 1987 we moved into a new building. By 1993 we had become an active congregation of 210 people of all ages.

NBUC

  • In 1998 the Rev. Jamie Holtom, who had been a student minister at NBUC, was settled as a member of the ministry team.

  • By 2003 we were serving 325 people.

  • By 2006 we had moved to three services, and we started fundraising for an addition.

  • In December 2008 we welcomed the Rev. Debbie Johnson to the ministry team.

  • In March 2009 we moved into our new space, which includes a new sanctuary and lower worship level.

  • In 2011 we welcomed Heather Stevenson as part-time Children's Ministry Leader. In 2012, Gabriel Alalade joined our team as parttime Youth and Young Adult Ministry Leader.

  • We are now serving close to 1,000 people.

loading
nbuc

NBUC

NBUC